Land O’Lakes Family Lawyer
The concept of family is central to our existence as humans, so it is likely that you will encounter the legal issues associated with your closest relationships at some point during your lifetime. Family law encompasses a wide range of topics that impact your rights and responsibilities, depending on your role in the situation. Plus, it is based upon a combination of statutes, case law, and local rules, such as those established by the Pasco County Courts Family Law Division. When you are faced with a complicated legal landscape and the emotional implications, you may not know where to turn for help.
When you work with our team at The Law Office of Laurie R. Chane, you can feel confident that your family law matter is in good hands. Our core practice areas involve all aspects of family law, from divorce and marriage to estate planning and administration. Please contact our firm to set up a consultation with a Land O’Lakes family lawyer, and read on for a general description of our legal services.
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Collaborative Divorce
- Domestic Violence Injunction
- Property Division
Types of Family Law Cases
Divorce is a large component of family law, and the legal concepts involved with dissolution of marriage in Florida are extensive. There are different proceedings you might consider, such as a simplified process, working out a settlement agreement, collaborative divorce, and the traditional court case. Through the divorce process, parties will generally address the following topics:
- Property division, as Florida law requires equitable distribution of all assets and debts acquired during the marriage;
- Alimony, when a lower earning or economically disadvantaged spouse may require financial support during and after divorce; and
- Child custody, visitation, and support.
In addition to divorce, The Law Office of Laurie R. Chane also handle such family law matters as:
- Estate planning, including wills, trusts, advance directives, and powers of attorney;
- Probate cases, including estate administration for decedent’s estate and guardianship;
- Grandparent rights;
- Prenuptial agreements;
- Paternity matters;
- Domestic violence injunctions;
- Domestic partnerships under Florida law; and
- Many more.
Solid Legal Representation in Florida Family Law Cases
Our Land O’Lakes family lawyers are dedicated to providing personalized, skilled advice and counsel regardless of what position you occupy. In most cases, our initial strategy will be attempting to work out an agreement to resolve family law conflicts. We are adept at settlement negotiations, the mediation process, and collaborative divorce to ease the strain of these proceedings.
At times, it may be necessary to go to court to ensure protection of your legal rights. You can count on our team for contested hearings on:
- Parental relocation;
- Modifications to child custody and/or support;
- Enforcement of child support or alimony;
- Domestic violence injunctions; and
- Wills, trusts, and estate litigation.
Count on a Land O’Lakes Family Lawyer for Legal Assistance
The Law Office of Laurie R. Chane serves clients throughout Pasco County, so please call 352-567-0055 or fill out a contact form to set up a consultation with a family law attorney. After we review your circumstances, we can advise you on strategies for achieving your goals.