Land O’Lakes Divorce Lawyer
Divorce is one of the most difficult experiences many people will face in their adult lives, and often the challenges are a combination of legal complexities and emotion. Florida’s dissolution of marriage statute includes a vast array of provisions on the relevant issues, but little guidance on how to navigate the process. At the same time, divorce requires you to address very personal, intimate aspects of your life that can lead to clouded judgment.
Under the circumstances, it is essential to retain skilled legal counsel to guide you through divorce in Florida. At The Law Office of Laurie R. Chane, our team is committed to protecting the rights and interests of parties throughout the legal process. We are prepared to advise you on important topics, so you have the details you need to make informed decisions. Please contact us to schedule a consultation with a Land O’Lakes divorce lawyer, and read on for some basics about key issues that arise and how the proceedings work.
Solid Legal Representation in All Areas of Divorce
While every case is different, parties to a divorce should expect to deal with many personal, financial, and parental matters. Our attorneys can consult with you on:
- Property Division: Florida law requires equitable distribution of marital assets and debts, which may not mean an exact 50-50 split. Fairness is the key to divvying up property acquired during the marriage.
- Alimony: Florida law allows parties to request spousal support, and a judge will assess both the appropriateness and details in divorce cases.
- Child Custody: The allocation of parental responsibilities involves decision-making on important areas of raising the child, but custody also impacts visitation and the parenting schedule.
- Child Support: There are guidelines for determining the amount that the nonresidential parent will pay, though there may be grounds to deviate.
- Mediation and Collaborative Divorce: In some cases, it is possible for parties to reach an agreement on divorce-related issues. The mediation process can facilitate agreement, so it may not be necessary to go to a court hearing.
- Domestic Violence Injunction: When there are threats to your safety and those you love, Florida law establishes a process for obtaining a protective order.
How an Experienced Attorney Can Assist with the Florida Divorce Process
With all the various issues that can arise in a dissolution of marriage case, you see how retaining a Land O’Lakes divorce lawyer is critical. The Law Office of Laurie R. Chane is prepared to:
- Negotiate and draft divorce settlement agreements;
- Advocate on your behalf during mediation and the collaborative divorce; and
- Fight for your rights in a contested hearing on property division, alimony, child custody, and other divorce issues.
Contact a Skilled Land O’Lakes Divorce Attorney Right Away
If you are contemplating divorce and need legal advice, please contact The Law Office of Laurie R. Chane to set up a consultation. You can reach our offices by calling 352-567-0055 or completing our online contact form. Our Florida divorce lawyers represent clients throughout Pasco County, and we look forward to serving your needs.